Saturday, 31 December 2011

2011- The year that was

The year 2011, was indeed the most happening year of my life. The advanced yogic practices in the Sadhana Intensive at the beginning of this year changed me in profound ways, which I find hard to express in words.

Instead of my usual planning and doing things, I just went with the flow and enjoyed almost everything. I realized, the plan to not plan is working very well. I hope to stay unsettled in the coming year too. :)

Looking back at 2011 (I'm glad the good things outnumber the not so good) so it was a wonderful year!
  • I realized that I can actually sit in Padmasana (something I thought was impossible for me) I don't have a picture of me in Padmasana. This picture was taken by a friend without my knowledge and I found it on facebook. It was taken in February 2011 in Sivananda Ashram, Madurai.
No! this is not Padmasana
  • For the first time I got a chance to see my brother perform on stage. I’m looking forward to watching him perform in front of a larger crowd in the coming year. 
My brother playing  the guitar

  • My little sister got married and I realize that she is not little any more. This picture though not very clear is my favourite.
My sis and me - pic taken by my brother
  • I got admitted in the hospital for viral fever, worst few days of 2011. Then luckily I was at home with my parents to celebrate my birthday under their care.
 
  • Ranjit's unfortunate accident turned out to be a boon as we had to stay home. I started blogging in that short stay at home and it has been real fun.
  • I made my first clay pot using the wheel. This was something I wanted to do for a very long time.

  • The first Blogging contest I took part in Indiblogger, for the Surf Excel contest with the post - My Perfect Life received the runners up. :) I'm grateful to all the readers for the support.
  • We visited Gwalior, which was not on our list but actually I liked the Fort and the Palace. I found Taj Mahal mesmerizing even at my second visit after 5 years. We, my husband and I, started a blog to share our travel experiences. (the links are to the posts we have written about these places)
  • I started a food blog - Flavours to motivate me to cook more often and realized that no matter how hard I try, I love baking more than cooking. I visit the kitchen more often to bake and take pictures, than just to find what’s there to eat, which I think is a great improvement. 
  • Ranjit gifted me a DSLR camera on our Anniversary. I never knew I'll find photography to be such a hard thing to learn. Hoping 2012 will be better in terms of photography. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • I baked and decorated a 12 inch 3 layered eggless pineapple cake for my Grandma's 87th birthday. It wasn't perfect in terms of decorations but I'm glad it tasted great. I'm looking forward to baking more and more in the coming year.
Eggless Pineapple cake with Vanilla Butter cream Frosting

I'm all excited for 2012... And I quote Neil Gaiman
"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful and don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself"

9 comments:

  1. Happy New year Anisha! Hope twentytwelve brings in more joy and happiness!

    Thanks for the b'day wishes! Having a relaxed day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey..pics are superb..especially ur saree pic is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post Anisha..
    wishing you & your family a very happy new year..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Reshma, Maha and Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blog anai...!!!!!!keep writing....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post...cake looks lovely...:)

    Dr.Sameena

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anisha loved going through your space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you have another happening year :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful for the words of encouragement and valuable sugggestions.
Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!
Anisha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...